These entries submitted our community members & Visitors. The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of My Fit Brain.
Hello sir! Loved to know that you have support and blessings tof such great and proud brother but Sometimes, sudden changes in nature left us disturbed when the reasons are not known properly. As the issues mentioned by you 1. Previously a happy and jolly person but suddenly excessive gush of grandiosity. 2. Self talk and aggressive 3. Loss of sleep. 4. Increased appetite and Energy. 5.feeling of being powerful I.e. Exhaltation. 6.laughing loudly by self 7.not going to office Probable causes: As the symptoms mentioned by you are stating that he's turning maniac ( state of excessive energy in terms being Happy, laughing, 'me' Feeling. 2. Narcisstic personality symptoms extravagant. 3 self talk and laugh can be related to hallucination and grandiose delusion too. My suggestions would be : 1. As you are observing the changes since few months, putting him on medicines is a better option.pls visit to psychiatrist , antipsychotics drugs will improve condition. 2. Involve family members , may be hospitalization is necessary doctor will assess for same. 3. Put him on more mental related activities like account section work,maths problems with kids as mentally tired will ease sleeping pattern. 4. Offer small and frequent meals as he's demanding more. Popcorn, bhuna bhuna and biscuits are better snack. 5. For sound sleep, give warm milk and dim lights will be done. 6. Psychological assessment for narcisstic personality is recommended. 7. Behaviour modification and group therapy along with counselling will be beneficial. 8. Encourage him to spend time in Hymns enchanting and meditation . 9. Divert his mins towards societal works as his leadership quality may help the people around. 10. Encourage him to spend time with kids and play with them. His energy will increase bonding with kids which may be due to his business schedule he might not able to give. Seek right help!!He will be better soon. 'The happiest brother of yours'.
Don't get confuse, You did the right effort of seeking psychological help.
As the problems/ history illustrated by you are:
1.Medically : High diabetes and Hypertension and on medicines.
2. Behaviourally: aloofness, loss of interest.
3.Affect and Mood: low and disturbed
4. Thoughts: loose association , inappropriate.
5. Perception: shakened, fearful, phobic
Dear, As you mentioned, pReviously he was fine but with growing age he developed the behaviour abnormality.
1. First of all, share the symptoms with your physician, may be the medicines he's taking did hormonal neurotic imbalance which leads to such abnormalities
2. As you already gone for ultrasound , which seems completely normal, it may be psychotic symptoms.
Feeling of insects in stomach is Tactile hallucination( feeling of stimulus in absence of it)
Secondly, phobia ( fear that he will die), Delusion( false , firm beleef) that he whatever he's saying is right although it's lie for you.
Self talking also be related to hallucination or autism. ( psychotic symptoms)
My piece of advice for you is:
1. Book ab appointment with psychiatrist, may be he will go for psychometric assessment and put him on medicines ( antipsychotic)
2. Get second opinion from physician too, as we are taking father to see psychiatrist.
3. Nutritional deficiency sometimes creates gastric problem which he's feeling abnormal in his stomach, follow proper diet plans, increase frequency of food rather than quantity,
3. Keep dad in supervision, divert him more towards indoor activities and games.
4. Connect him to the spiritual world, take him to temple .
5. Morning walk , yoga , meditation will bring result.
6.Don't delay, otherwise symptoms will increase.
So, my empathetic advice, don't get confused, it's your to act and make him back the lovable , jolly as he was.
Hoping for his early recovery.